During this session, you and your Consultant will discuss your personal hair care history, your styling preferences and your lifestyle in order to determine if Sisterlocks® is right for you. You will also have a cluster of approximately 8-12 “SAMPLE LOCKS” put in your hair to see if they will hold, check sizes, verify the amount of scalp showing, settling-in time, etc. This consultation is essential for both you and your Consultant to ensure you get your Sisterlocks® done in the most suitable way. Price is deductible from Establishment cost.
The locking process can take from 10-20 hours or even longer in some cases. The average Sisterlocks® customer will leave this session with an average of 400 locks and a whole new attitude! Your Consultant will provide you with a “Starter Kit” that includes the proper shampoo for starting your locks, tiny rubber bands and “tip sheets” on grooming and shampooing as your locks settle in. Establishments are booked Monday through Wednesday. $100 non-refundable deposit required to secure date(s).
Sisterlocks® Establishment Follow-up
This visit should be scheduled after at least two shampooings, within one month from the date of your Locking Session. Your Consultant will monitor the integrity of your locks, tighten them up and give you an idea of how long the settling-in process is likely to take. You can also begin discussing styling tips for the ‘total look’ that’s right for you!
We recommend that you schedule your first few re-tightening visits at 4 week intervals. This way the progress of your locks can be easily monitored. As your locks mature, your Consultant will be able to determine how often you will need to come in for re-tightening on a regular basis. The average time between visits is 4-6 weeks, depending on the hair type and rate of growth.
Sisterlocks® Repair Services
This service is for correcting slippage, bunching, grid, etc. For current clients only.
– All services are by Appointment Only
– Hair must be Shampooed and Separated within 24 hours of scheduled appointments. No exceptions, or your service will be cancelled and a fee will be applied. Your hair should be free from all products. This includes oils, conditioner, hair wax color, and styling products.
– No Guest Allowed (unless approved by Loc’d by Janelle)
– All bookings and cancellations must be done via booking site (*You will not be charged if you cancel within 24 hours before your appointment starts. Otherwise, you will be charged 50% of your service price for late cancellations and 100% for no shows.)
– Smoking is Strictly Prohibited on the premises.
– Please arrive On Time. Services will be billed from the time of the start of your appointment, not your arrival time. In the event that you will be running behind for your appointment, please notify me at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
– As a courtesy to myself and all clients, please enter the salon at the time of your Scheduled Appointment (unless otherwise stated).
– Payment is expected at the time of service. Payments may be made with cash or credit card. No checks.
– Sisterlocks Establishment deposits are Non-refundable